During the first full semester of my sophomore year, I took the course Advertising Strategy. Through multiple case studies, in-depth class discussions, and a semester-long group project, I got a sense of what it’s like to be an advertising account planner. For our group project, I collaborated with several other classmates to create a plans book for The Farmer’s Dog brand. Click below to look it over.
- Identifying and analyzing a core business problem
- Creating and evaluating alternative solutions
- Conducting situation analyses and SWOT analyses
- Brainstorming practical marketing strategies
- Crafting communication strategies
- Tailoring and modifying strategy to keep up with trends, unforeseen changes, and current events
Overall, the course Advertising Strategy opened my eyes to many business and advertising practices, and I feel equipped to use the skills I learned in my future career.