Hello! I am Leah Clapper, a 4-foot-11-inch girl with a big personality.
Throughout my entire life, I have been extremely energetic. I fell in love with gymnastics at a young age, and I used to spend hours somersaulting and cartwheeling around my family’s living room (even during dinner). With countless hours of practice and years of hard work, I got to where I am today: competing on the University of Florida gymnastics team! I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a Gator and leave a legacy with my teammates.
My creative nature coupled with my strong analytical skills has led me to the College of Journalism and Communications. I just graduated with bachelor’s degree in advertising, and I am working toward my master’s degree in mass communication.
I love exercising because it makes me feel like I am on top of the world, and I hope to stay involved with athletics when I graduate college. I am keeping my career goals open, but I plan on continuing to use my platform to empower young athletes.
As of now, I channel my energy into working on ambitious projects and doing intentional physical activity. I am passionately focused on becoming the best student, athlete and person I can be. With this, I run my own food blog, Zest & Finesse, where I inspire others to live a balanced lifestyle and fuel up with nutritious and delicious food alongside me. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and I enjoy experimenting with new recipes and sharing my creations (not to mention, eating delicious food). My favorite foods are burrito bowls, apple-cinnamon anything, and (ooey-gooey) brownies.
I also launched my own gymnastics podcast, Zest & Progress, where I uncover athlete’s stories of resilience, energy, and self-confidence. I hope to energize listeners to create positive change in their own life and the world around them!
Other activities I enjoy include…
- Listening to educational and motivational podcasts
- Taking long walks and bike rides
- Singing in the shower
- Working out
- Decorating and interior design
- Painting and other artwork
- Skiing with my family
- Making people smile
- Travelling and experiencing new things
Here are some qualities I display…
- Efficiency – you guessed right, I’m the girl who will turn in schoolwork right after the assignment is posted, and I tend to go above and beyond the expectations. For example, I made an entire sketchbook video for an extra credit project in high school.
- Determination – Practicing gymnastics taught me determination at an early age, and I’ve been setting goals and working toward them ever since – in all areas of my life. I’ve been getting back up and learning from my mistakes from the first time I split the beam onward.
- Ambition – I am always looking for a new challenge or project to tackle, and I love staying busy.
- Organization – I have to-do lists galore and labels for everything. Of course, I cannot stand anything being left out in my apartment.
- Positivity – I take pride in trying to enjoy every moment, and whatever I’m striving for, I look for joy in the process. Moreover, I always try to look at the bright side and learn from every situation.
Overall, I am a lively optimist, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds!
Thanks for reading!
Check out my portfolio page to view some of my work!
Check out my social media to stay up-to-date on my lifestyle…